The Neapolitan Ragù is like a small child: it must be pampered, cared for, you must never lose sight of it – from 6:00 in the morning until its completion.
What can be done with this sauce?
The Neapolitan Ragù fills many dishes with joy: traditional Lasagna, Ziti, but also chops and meatballs and it becomes so a second dish that makes you shiver with love.
The thing that unites all the recipes is the dedication in the preparation process and above all the grand finale in the consumption: the famous “scarpetta” never fails … when the dish seems almost finished, we grab our “cup of bread”, soak it in the remaining sauce and, in any case, getting all our hands dirty, the plate will become neat, as if it had just been put in the dishwasher.
Carnival is coming, so we propose the Neapolitan ragù recipe, an essential step to prepare Carnival Lasagna, a recipe of great tradition and long procedure.
Ingredients: Strianese tomato paste – rack of pork ribs – bacon and pork pulp and some sausage and pork rinds.
- Place the oil and garlic in a large saucepan, brown and add the pieces of meat to brown until all the pieces take on a good color
- Add the spices rosemary, thyme to taste… don’t be stingy.
- When browning is perfect, simmer with a glass of white wine and add the tomato with the sausages and pork rinds
- Cook over low heat, letting it “huff” for ⅘ hours.
- When everything is ready, separate a few pieces of meat on a plate and mash them with a fork, add an egg, a pinch of salt and pepper, mix everything with bread softened in milk, parsley, grated Parmesan cheese … Check the consistency .
- Prepare the meatballs that traditionally have a small round shape.
The remaining sauce will be combined with the ricotta and the sauce will be ready to prepare the lasagna. Do not forget the wisdom: the meatballs must be fried first!
Good assembly, happy carnival!