Here is our light recipe for Eggs in Purgatory:
- Pour a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil into a pan.
- Brown an onion and add our tomato sauce.
- Simmer evenly and on low heat for 10 minutes.
- When the sauce thickens, add the eggs one at a time, trying not to break the yolk.
- Let them cook without stirring for about ten minutes, covering them with a lid.
- Check when the eggs reach the desired cooking point by looking at the color of the transparent egg whites that will turn white, indeed.
- Finally, add a pinch of salt and serve with a sprinkling of pepper.
Now, you will be ready to serve this light but very tasty dish to your guests.