In order to make our Rigatoni with Ricotta and Tomatoes, first and foremost get some of our DOP tomatoes, and begin with the recipe that will make a great impression on your guests. Ready to start?
– Cut the garlic into wedges, pour two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil into a nonstick pan and sauté the garlic a little until it becomes golden-brown. Then, open your jar of San Marzano tomatoes and pour them into a bowl!
– Now, take some basil, chop it and pour it into the bowl containing the tomatoes. Then, go get your hand blender, and blend everything!
- Pour the freshly blended contents into the pan where you browned the garlic, add a pinch of salt and simmer for about 15 minutes. (Meanwhile, boil some water for your pasta!)
- After about 10 minutes, add the ricotta, mix well and cook!
- If the water is boiling, drop your rigatoni!
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain keeping 1/3 of the cooking water, and pour the pasta into the pan where the sauce will now be ready!
- Stir by adding cooking water (on a high flame) and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese!
- Serve and enjoy!
As you have seen, this is a very simple recipe that can best enhance the flavours of our San Marzano DOP tomato: the peeled tomatoes from our company boast the traditional and typical quality of our territory, and a particular sweet and sour taste due to the soil made fertile and rich in minerals by historic volcanic eruptions! For this reason, the combination of ricotta with our flavorsome tomatoes can’t help but intensify its sweetness.