Pasta with tomatoes and aubergines is a typical dish of our southern cuisine and The Mediterranean Diet
Fresh and tasty we put it on the table during the summer season. When the days get longer and the temperature rises, we take it everywhere, because it is perfect to taste even “cold”, it’s perfect for a picnic immersed in nature, savoring all the scent of summer.
We present the “hot” and colorful version, with typical southern products: tomato and aubergine.
- Cubed aubergines, to be gently stewed to obtain an intense and enveloping flavor;
- Chopped tomatoes REGA, which gives the dish its traditional authenticity;
- Basil that enhances all the freshness and lightness of this recipe.
- Cut the aubergines into cubes
- Put the oil and garlic in a pan and let it brown well. Add the aubergines.
- Brown, adding half a glass of water.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and then add the Chopped tomatoes with the basil leaves.
- Drain the pasta to stir it iwith the sauce for a few minutes, in this way it will take all the flavor.
- Before serving, add a drizzle of olive oil and if you prefer you can add grated Parmesan cheese or salted ricotta.
With Chopped tomatoes REGA you will bring all the natural flavor of summer to the table.